Re: fun fact about temp tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fun fact about temp tables
Дата
Re: fun fact about temp tables  (Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-general
Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On 05.08.2016 17:51, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sure.  Just like it reserves space for ordinary tables right away,
>> long before there's any need to push the data out of shared_buffers.
>> Otherwise, you might find yourself having to throw an "out of disk
>> space" error after having already committed the relevant INSERTs.

> How about out of space when we filling WAL files?

What about it?  That will be reported before committing, too.

What Grigory wants would imply committing and then sometime later
saying "oh, wait ... remember that data we told you we'd committed?
We lied."

Temp tables do indeed disappear at session end (and a fortiori after
a crash), but that doesn't create an excuse for them not to have
normal transactional behavior within the session.

Сообщение: Re: fun fact about temp tables
Сообщение: Re: fun fact about temp tables