Postgres_FDW doc doesn't specify TYPE support in Remote Execution Options

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Postgres_FDW doc doesn't specify TYPE support in Remote Execution Options
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/postgres-fdw.html

Hi,
The
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/postgres-fdw.html#POSTGRES-FDW-OPTIONS-REMOTE-EXECUTION
section mentions for `extensions` configuration option:
> Functions and operators that are immutable and belong to a listed
extension will be considered shippable to the remote server.

But doesn't mention that extensions' custom data types will be pushed down
as well! I feel it's important and worth mentioning.
I noticed that the lookup_shippable() function in shippable.c file does
mention that:
> Returns true if given object (operator/function/type) is shippable
according to the server options.
Src:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/contrib/postgres_fdw/shippable.c#L108

Can you please update the official docs to call out about types? Thank you!
:)

От: Arne Sommerfelt
Сообщение: Re: 8.14.5 jsonb subscripting
От: Rajan Pandey
Сообщение: Re: Postgres_FDW doc doesn't specify TYPE support in Remote Execution Options