Re: Failures with installcheck and low work_mem value in 13~

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Failures with installcheck and low work_mem value in 13~
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I don't think the tests can be made not to depend on work_mem, because
> it costing of sort / incremental sort depends on the value. I agree
> setting the work_mem at the beginning of the test script is the right
> solution.

I'm a bit skeptical about changing anything here.  There are quite
a large number of GUCs that can affect the regression results, and
it wouldn't be sane to try to force them all to fixed values.  For
one thing, that'd be a PITA to maintain, and for another, it's not
infrequently useful to run the tests with nonstandard settings to
see what happens.

Is there a good reason for being concerned about work_mem in particular
and this test script in particular?