Re: [HACKERS] Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> About the ReportSyntaxErrorPosition thing, it was considered at the
> time (can't find the email right now) that control characters would be
> problematic but it wouldn't break anything that wasn't broken already.
> How tab was missed I don't know, nor a couple of other failures cases
> I've thought of since. Thanks for fixing that.

What I was thinking of doing was making it translate any control
character (other than \r and \n) to a space, not only tab.  However
this should probably wait on the result of the discussion about whether
we really like the \x09 output for tabs in data ... that might yield an
idea that could be applied here too.