Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> But contrib/spi is exactly the case where it *won't* work.  We need to
>> somehow figure out that $libdir/autoinc is what to substitute in
>> autoinc-1.0.sql, $libdir/insert_username in insert_username-1.0.sql,
>> etc.

> Indeed.  That's why I'm proposing to have that setup in the control
> file, which is per extension, rather than in the common Makefile.

How's that help?  In a makefile building more than one extension,
you'd still need a way to decide which extension the current script
file is associated with.

Or are you suggesting substituting for MODULE_PATHNAME during CREATE
EXTENSION, and not during "make" at all?  That would work I guess.
I'm hesitant to have any substitutions that happen unconditionally,
but we could add a control parameter likemodule_pathname = '$libdir/hstore'
and then things would be pretty clean.

I think we should still change the file naming conventions to use double
dashes, though, since there's more than one reason to want that.  Will
work on that next.