BUG #17096: Cannot reinstall after uninstalling PostgreSQL on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17096: Cannot reinstall after uninstalling PostgreSQL on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17096
Logged by:          Yuetsuro Kobayashi
Email address:      inconvenience.notice@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.3
Operating system:   Windows10 Pro for Workstations

When I installed PostgreSQL13 after uninstalling PostgreSQL12 on a "Windows
10 Pro for Workstation/OS" machine, "Failed to initialize data directory"
and "Parse error" occurred.
This issue has caused the symptom many times in older versions and I believe
it also has issues in the current latest version.
When the issue occurs, the only solution is a silly solution called an OS
clean install.
Is this the right method ?

I manually deleted the data directory and the installation directory
(PostgreSQL\13) after the uninstall operation on Windows, but the
installation fails.  I also tried Registry Clean, but it still fails to
install.
The issue is that depending on the OS type, the installation succeeds or
fails during a reinstall after uninstalling.
There are two machine information known at this time.
    ・ Windows10 Pro for Workstations → Reinstallation fails after
uninstalling
        CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5222 CPU@3.80GHz
        RAM : 192GB
    ・ Windows10 Pro → After uninstalling, reinstallation succeeds
       CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU@3.3GHz
       RAM : 64GB