Re: Cursors: getting the number of tuples; moving backwards

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cursors: getting the number of tuples; moving backwards
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I guess it doesn't execute the whole query. MOVE ALL is *much*
>> faster than FETCH ALL + PQcmdTuples

> Curious. I wonder how it does it then.

MOVE does execute the query, it just doesn't ship the tuples to the
client.  This would save some formatting overhead (no need to run
the datatype I/O conversion procedures), but unless you have a slow
network link between client and server I would not expect it to be
"much" faster ...