Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Limits: maximum number of columns in SELECT result
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 12:46 PM Vladimir Sitnikov
> <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suggest that the limit of "1664 columns per tuple" (or whatever is the right term) should be added
>> to the list at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/limits.html e.g. after "columns per table".

We've generally felt that the existing "columns per table" limit is
sufficient detail here.

> Rather, I think the "columns per table" limit needs to be updated to 1664.

That number is not wrong.  See MaxTupleAttributeNumber and
MaxHeapAttributeNumber:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/include/access/htup_details.h;h=51a60eda088578188b41f4506f6053c2fb77ef0b;hb=HEAD#l23