Re: [HACKERS] Timing-sensitive case in src/test/recovery TAP tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Timing-sensitive case in src/test/recovery TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> $node_standby_1->poll_query_until('postgres', q[SELECT xmin IS NULL
>> from pg_replication_slots WHERE slot_name = '] . $slotname_2 . q[']);

> +1 for avoiding a sleep call if it is not necessary. Fast platforms
> would always pay a cost on that, and slow platforms would wait 1s (or
> more!) when polling for the result.

> Could it be possible to remove as well the second sleep(2) call in
> this test please?

Yes, I'd like to see those fixed sleeps go away too.  Want to work
on a concrete patch?

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Timing-sensitive case in src/test/recovery TAP tests
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Timing-sensitive case in src/test/recovery TAP tests