Re: problem with array of boxes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with array of boxes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andre Radke <lists@spicynoodles.net> writes:
> I have run into a problem with the array of boxes datatype.

After a little poking at this, it seems that some parts of the array
support code may be failing to pay attention to "typdelim".  Type box
has typdelim set to ';' (it's the only standard datatype whose typdelim
is not ',').  Changing that to ',' made the behavior less unexpected.
Haven't dug into the code yet for a proper fix.

This does beg the question of whether box's typdelim should be ';'
rather than the standard ','.  I can see why that was done: box likes
to use commas in its text representation.  But I really wonder how
much client code will be prepared to cope with arrays represented
with ';' not ',' between items ...