initdb with lc-collate=C

От Scot Kreienkamp
Тема initdb with lc-collate=C
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hey guys,

In PG 8.x, when I did an initdb with --lc-collate=c it was always effective in setting it server wide so it would apply to all databases.  However, in 9.1.2, when I run initdb like so:  /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.1 initdb --lc-collate=C, it doesn't seem to have any effect.

[root@dvrv5030 9.1]# psql -U postgres -Aqtc "select setting from pg_settings where name='lc_collate'"

en_US.UTF-8

Not sure why the difference in behavior.  Our application depends on collation being set to C.  I can create the individual database with that option, but why won't it stick setting it server-wide with initdb?

Thanks!

Scot Kreienkamp

Senior Systems Engineer

skreien@la-z-boy.com

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or by telephone at the above number. Thank you.