Re: Exporting more function in libpq

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Exporting more function in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>> Shouldn't that generally be done by extending libpq to add the required
>> functionality?

> The thought that came to me was that maybe we need a separate library
> that handles the lower level operations (a "fe/be" library, if you will)
> which can be exported for others to use and is used by libpq to
> implement the slightly-higher-level functionality.

If you wanted a library that exposed something close to the wire-level
protocol, I do not think that tearing out some of the oldest and cruftiest
parts of libpq and exposing them verbatim is really the best way to go
about it.

Сообщение: Re: Forbid use of LF and CR characters in database and role names
Сообщение: Re: Forbid use of LF and CR characters in database and role names