Re: database files are incompatible with server

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: database files are incompatible with server
Дата
Re: database files are incompatible with server  ("Igal @ Lucee.org" <igal@lucee.org>)
Re: database files are incompatible with server  ("Igal @ Lucee.org" <igal@lucee.org>)
Re: database files are incompatible with server  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 8/22/19 4:52 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> I have a data directory that was created by Postgres 12 (I thought beta
> 3 but now am not sure anymore) running in Docker.
>
> I have installed Postgres 12b3 as a Systemd service and am trying to set
> the cluster to the same PGDATA.  I have set the owner of the directory
> to postgres:postrgres, and the permissions to 0700, but I'm getting the
> following error:
>
> 2019-08-22 23:40:48.759 UTC [23044] FATAL:  database files are
> incompatible with server
> 2019-08-22 23:40:48.759 UTC [23044] DETAIL:  The database cluster was
> initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO  201906161, but the server was
> compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO 201907221.

So the cluster is from an older version then the server.

> How can I start up the Cluster?
>
> Is version 201906161 beta 2?

Yes:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/include/catalog/catversion.h;h=fe44cae3ff453ccc02e6c56548c9311b5777bf1f;hb=0ab7110bcbcce5ff58afb32e7871c54e87502139

> Would running PG12 beta 2 work?

Worth a try.

> Would running initdb destroy the data?

initdb will not run on a directory with files in it:

bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql11_dev/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "en_US.UTF-8".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "UTF8".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

Data page checksums are disabled.

initdb: directory "/usr/local/pgsql11_dev" exists but is not empty
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory "/usr/local/pgsql11_dev" or run initdb
with an argument other than "/usr/local/pgsql11_dev".

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com