Re: Compilation errors with mingw build caused by undefined optreset

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compilation errors with mingw build caused by undefined optreset
Дата
Re: Compilation errors with mingw build caused by undefined optreset
Список pgsql-hackers
> Since commit 60ff2fd introducing the centralizated getopt-related
> things in a global header file, build on Windows with mingw is failing

Hm, buildfarm member narwhal doesn't seem to be having any such problem.
(It's got its own issues, but not this.)

Do you think you could put up a buildfarm critter using whatever version
of mingw you're using?  Without buildfarm feedback, things *will* break
regularly; Windows is just too weird to expect otherwise.

> because of some declarations of HAVE_INT_OPTRESET causing optreset to
> become undefined:
> This failure is new with 9.4, and attached is a patch fixing it...

I'm a bit suspicious of this patch because of the comment in pg_getopt.h
saying that cygwin doesn't want those variables to be declared.
We can try it, but the lack of up-to-date cygwin members in the buildfarm
means we won't be real sure whether it breaks cygwin.

Of course, I guess the response to any complaints can be "please put
up a buildfarm member" ...

Сообщение: Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build
Сообщение: Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build