Re: initdb recommendations

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: initdb recommendations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/24/19 8:13 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Joe Conway (mail@joeconway.com) wrote:

>> > +many.
>>
>> many++
>>
>> Are we doing this for pg12? In any case, I would think we better loudly
>> point out this change somewhere.
>
> Sure, we should point it out, but I don't know that it needs to be
> screamed from the rooftops considering the packagers have already been
> largely ignoring our defaults here anyway...

Yeah, I thought about that, but anyone not using those packages will be
in for a big surprise. Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly endorse the
change, but I predict many related questions on the lists, and anything
we can do to mitigate that should be done.

Joe
--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com