Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Dave Cramer <davecramer@postgres.rocks> writes:
> I would agree. If it's worth coding it's worth documenting. Unless of
> course the intention is that this is temporary.

Documenting it would mean committing to keeping it indefinitely,
which I think was exactly what people didn't want to do.  It's
a kluge and we might find ourselves backed into a situation where
we have to take it out.

> Do we have other undocumented features ?

Yup.  There are plenty of behaviors that are explained in code comments
but not anywhere user-visible.  If we tried to document absolutely
everything that someone might be curious about, the manual would be
three times its current size, but not more useful.

Сообщение: Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented
Сообщение: Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented