Re: sidewinder has one failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: sidewinder has one failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
=?UTF-8?Q?Mikael_Kjellstr=c3=b6m?= <mikael.kjellstrom@mksoft.nu> writes:
> On 2020-01-04 01:15, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Apparently, in the environment of that TAP test, the server has more
>> open FDs at this point than it does when running "normally".  I have
>> no idea what the additional FDs might be.

> Well it's running under cron if that makes a difference and what is the
> TAP-test using?  perl?

Not sure.  There's a few things you could do to investigate:

* Run the recovery TAP tests.  Do you reproduce the buildfarm failure
in your hand build?  If not, we need to ask what's different.

* If you do reproduce it, run those tests at debug2, just to confirm
the theory that already_open is higher than normal.  (The easy way
to make that happen is to add another line to what PostgresNode.pm's
init function is adding to postgresql.conf.)

* Also, try putting a pg_usleep call just before the error in fd.c,
to give yourself enough time to manually point "lsof" at the
postmaster and see what all its FDs are.

Сообщение: Re: sidewinder has one failure
Сообщение: Re: sidewinder has one failure