Re: [ADMIN] Vacuum error on database postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Vacuum error on database postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> Couldn't you just sort by the table names, and ANALYZE the tables in
> that order? Would that effectively prevent the deadlocks?

That'd work too, I think (I suggested the variant of ordering by OID,
which is simpler and more reliable).  Not sure if it's really worth the
trouble though --- how many people do you think are doing concurrent
whole-database ANALYZEs inside transaction blocks?

As-is the code will do the analyzes in pg_class physical row order,
which is almost good enough --- only if someone did a schema change that
forced a pg_class row update between the starts of the two ANALYZE runs
would it possibly fail.  So the use-case for a fix is really kinda narrow.