Re: Adding argument names to aggregate functions

От Jim Jones
Тема Re: Adding argument names to aggregate functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 12.04.23 19:53, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari@ilmari.org> writes:

Hi hackers,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can never remember which way around
the value and delimiter arguments go for string_agg() and has to look it
up in the manual every time. To make it more convenient, here's a patch
that adds proargnames to its pg_proc entries so that it can be seen with
a quick \df in psql.
Added to the 2023-07 commitfest:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/4275/

- ilmari

+1 for adding the argument names.

The patch needs a rebase though.. it no longer applies :

$ git apply ~/Downloads/0001-Add-argument-names-to-multi-argument-aggregates.patch
error: patch failed: src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat:8899
error: src/include/catalog/pg_proc.dat: patch does not apply

Jim