Fwd: BUG #1972: index error with space character

От Eduardo RBS
Тема Fwd: BUG #1972: index error with space character
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eduardo RBS <edurbs@gmail.com>
Date: 18/10/2005 13:31
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #1972: index error with space character
To: Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>

Hellow..
Thank you very much for the attention.
I need a locate that not ignores the space chracater and also sort
accents like =E1 or =E3.
I made configuration using locale... see it..

Using C is almost good because it sort correctly and see the spaces..
but it does not sort the portuguese accents.. note the last two
lines..
$ LC_COLLATE=3DC sort b.txt
aa a
aa z
aaaa
aaaz
aaz
eado
eza
=E9dina
=E9master

and with the "my" locale pt_BR it sort correctly the accents but
ignores the space chracater....
LC_COLLATE=3Dpt_BR.utf8 sort b.txt
aa a
aaaa
aaab
aaaz
aaz
aa z
eado
=E9dina
=E9master
eza

What i need should a merge of C and pt_BR.. i mean.. a locale that see
the spaces like C but sort accents like pt_BR..
I tried several others locales.. and only C see the space character.

Thanks for the attention.

--
[]'s
Eduardo RBS