Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization

От Andrey V. Lepikhov
Тема Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/2/20 9:12 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
 > We could simply use the input "tuples" value here, and then divide the
 > current and previous estimate to calculate the number of new groups.

Performing a review of this patch I made a number of changes (see
cleanup.txt). Maybe it will be useful.
As I see, the code, which implements the main idea, is quite stable.
Doubts localized in the cost estimation routine. Maybe try to finish
this work by implementing an conservative strategy to a cost estimation
of sorting?

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: sequences vs. synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: sequences vs. synchronous replication