Re: Intermittent ECPG test failures on Windows buildfarm machines

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Intermittent ECPG test failures on Windows buildfarm machines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Montag, den 30.04.2018, 00:22 -0400 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Observe the following buildfarm failures:
> The common feature is that a single ECPG test case emitted an empty
> stdout
> file.  There is no other indication of a problem: the corresponding
> stderr
> output files are correct (and no, the "correct" contents of those
> aren't
> empty), the test process exited with status zero, and there's no sign
> of
> an issue in the postmaster log.  And it's a different test case each
> time.
>
> Baffled ... any ideas?

AFAICT there were like 4 commits to ecpg in March that were also
backported to 9.6. And while some included changes to the test suite I
have no idea which, if any, might result in this kind of problem. Also
there was at least one change to the Windows build system that impacted
ecpg.

Is there anyone out there with a Windows system who could bisect the
tree and find which commit is the culprit? Or did we have any changes
to the buildfarm scripts that may be causing this?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org