Re: nohup psql does not read .pgpass

От Hans Ginzel
Тема Re: nohup psql does not read .pgpass
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am sorry. The difference in the behaviour of psql command is because
psql alias versus psql binary.
The time command is bash internal which respects aliases.

HG

Dne 29.06.2015 11:11, Hans Ginzel napsal:

> Dne 29.06.2015 10:47, Hans Ginzel napsal:
>
>> Hello! Can you, please, help me determinate why psql does not read
>> the
>> ~/.pgpass file when used with nohup? echo 'select 1+1' >one.sql psql
>> -a
>> --file=one.sql db # works time psql -a --file=one.sql db # works
>> nohup
>> psql -a --file=one.sql db # asks for password
>
> More precisely, this does not ask for password because of peer
> authentication method,
> but the login name to user name rewrite from .pgpass is not used.
>
>> Environment variables are same env >e nohup env >ne diff e ne 26c26
>> <
>> _=/bin/env ---
>>
>>> _=/usr/bin/nohup
>> psql --version psql (PostgreSQL) 9.4.0 nohup --version nohup (GNU
>> coreutils) 8.4 cat /etc/system-release CentOS release 6.6 (Final) I
>> have read and searched
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-psql.html [1]
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-pgpass.html [2] but
>> did
>> not find any indices. Regards Hans Ginzel

Links:
------
[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-psql.html
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-pgpass.html

От: Hans Ginzel
Сообщение: Re: nohup psql does not read .pgpass