Re: Seq scan on 10million record table..why?

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Seq scan on 10million record table..why?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
 Hi Vincenzo,

 On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:15:10 +0100, Vincenzo Melandri
 <vmelandri@imolinfo.it> wrote:
> I have indexes on both the key on the big table and the import_id on
> the sequence table.

 Forgive my quick answer, but it might be that the data you are
 retrieving is scattered throughout the whole table, and the index scan
 does not kick in (as it is more expensive to perform lots of random
 fetches rather than a single scan).

 To be able to help you though, I'd need to deeply look at the ETL
 process - I am afraid you need to use a different approach, involving
 either queues or partitioning.

 Sorry for not being able to help you more in this case.

 Cheers,
 Gabriele
--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia