Re: CREATE TABLE/ProcessUtility hook behavior change

От David Steele
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE/ProcessUtility hook behavior change
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/30/24 12:57, jian he wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 10:26 AM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>
>> Since bb766cde cannot be readily applied to older commits in master I'm
>> unable to continue bisecting to find the ALTER TABLE behavioral change.
>>
>> This seems to leave me with manual code inspection and there have been a
>> lot of changes in this area, so I'm hoping somebody will know why this
>> ALTER TABLE change happened before I start digging into it.
>
> probably this commit:
> https://git.postgresql.org/cgit/postgresql.git/commit/?id=0cd711271d42b0888d36f8eda50e1092c2fed4b3

Hmm, I don't think so since the problem already existed in bb766cde,
which was committed on Apr 8 vs Apr 19 for the above patch.

Probably I'll need to figure out which exact part of bb766cde fixes the
event trigger issue so I can backpatch just that part and continue
bisecting.

Regards,
-David