Re: DB connection issue suggestions

От Anbazhagan M
Тема Re: DB connection issue suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dear team,

Can you confirm whether, post upgrade activity, all the post-upgrade steps including stats update on all the relations
iscomplete. Upgrade doesn’t carry over the stats to the new upgraded cluster.

Regards,
Anbazhagan M

> On 11-May-2022, at 11:43 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2022-05-11 at 00:59 +0800, Sudhir Guna wrote:
>> We have recently upgraded Postgresql 9.4 standalone server to Postgresql 11.2 with High Availability (2 servers :
Masterand Standby).

>> While trying to test using ETL applications and reports, we observe that the ETL jobs fails with below error,
>>
>> 2022/05/06 16:27:36 - Error occurred while trying to connect to the database
>> 2022/05/06 16:27:36 - Error connecting to database: (using class org.postgresql.Driver)
>> 2022/05/06 16:27:36 - FATAL: Sorry, too many clients already
>>
>> We have increased the max_connections = 1000 in postgresql.conf file.
>>
>> It worked ok for a day and later we get the same error message.
>>
>> Please help to advise on any additional settings required. The prior Postgresql 9.4 had the default max_connections
=100and the applications worked fine.

> Some application that uses the database has a connection leak: it opens new connections
> without closing old ones.  Examine "pg_stat_activity" to find out which application is
> at fault, and then go and fix that application.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
> --
> Cybertec | https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com

Сообщение: Re: DB connection issue suggestions
Сообщение: Re: DB connection issue suggestions