Re: Scroll Cursor Bug?

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: Scroll Cursor Bug?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
1) You don't have a Begin. The format is Declare then Begin and then
lastly End

2) My understanding is that these error messages would come directly from the
server and not the query tool. Have you tried running the same query
using psql?

Sim Zacks

Hi, I am hitting an issue when using SCROLL CURSORS.

My Setup:
-  WinXP running PGAdminIII v1.2.2
-  PostgreSQL 8 Server

My Test Function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION DemoFunction () RETURNS varchar(50) AS
$$       DECLARE CursorProductGroups SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM TEST_TABLE;       RETURN NULL;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE plpgsql
;

The Error that the Query Tool spits out:
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "CURSOR"
CONTEXT:  invalid type name "SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM TEST_TABLE"
compile of PL/pgSQL function "demofunction" near line 1

It seems like the Query Tool has a bug with this because my demo looks
just like the examples given in the PostgreSQL documentation.

Any ideas?

Larry Morroni

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster