Re: A different approach to extension NO USER DATA feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A different approach to extension NO USER DATA feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> one I'd been thinking about a bit was OIDs of modules this one depends
>> on.  The current design doesn't cope very well with modules that depend
>> on other ones.

> Or even at all.  I guess here "modules" is referring to shared object
> libraries, right?  Or are you already thinking about extension that
> depend on other extensions, like earthdistance depends on cube?

Sorry, I meant module == extension.  If it's not intended that we try to
support dependent extensions yet, I'd be fine with leaving that for 9.2.
However, if earthdistance already has such a dependency, maybe we can't
put that issue off.