Re: trouble with db-restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: trouble with db-restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Heiko Irrgang <irrgang@SC-Networks.de> writes:
> i simply use pg_dumpall with no params for dumping the
> data, but when i used psql for restoring the data,
> every view was created as a table and was filled up
> with the data which the view had been delivered at
> the time of the backup.

This is extremely surprising; I've never heard of such a report before.

It would seem that pg_dump failed to recognize your views as being
views.  The only theory I can come up with offhand is that you are
using a pg_dump version that is not compatible with the database
server version you are running.  Since you have said nothing about
what version you are using, it's hard to guess more ...