Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,

От Roy Badami
Тема Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Roy> I have no objection to allowing things like

    Roy>    '1 hour 10 minutes' DAY TO SECOND

    Roy> but I'm just wondering whether the hybrid syntax is an
    Roy> unnecessary complication.

And furthermore, if you really want to allow constrained postgres
syntax interval literals (and I can't at the moment see how
constraining a literal is useful) then why *not* use the syntax Brian
suggested:

    INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND '1 hour 10 minutes'

This keeps the non-standard postgres syntax and the SQL standard
syntax nicely separate...

       -roy