Re: Version number for pg_control

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Version number for pg_control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:
> +1 for changing it.  However, I don't think it's such a big deal since
> each version since 8.3 (at least) has had a unique catalog version.

> Maybe this would affect pg_controldata or other supporting utilities but
> the server itself should not be affected since it also checks the
> catalog version.

Right, that version number exists mostly for the benefit of pg_controldata
and allied utilities.  You would get a CRC failure in any case when trying
to go between inconsistent notions of what pg_control contains, but the
version number is supposed to help you figure out why that happened.
As things stand, though, it'd only mislead you.

Сообщение: Re: Version number for pg_control
Сообщение: Re: Version number for pg_control