Re: Performance With Joins on Large Tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance With Joins on Large Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Joshua Marsh" <icub3d@gmail.com> writes:
>> Are the tables perhaps nearly in order by the dsiacctno fields?

> My assumption would be they are in exact order.  The text file I used
> in the COPY statement had them in order, so if COPY preserves that in
> the database, then it is in order.

Ah.  So the question is why the planner isn't noticing that.  What do
you see in the pg_stats view for the two dsiacctno fields --- the
correlation field in particular?

> The system has 8GB of ram and work_mem is set to 256MB.

Seems reasonable enough.  BTW, I don't think you've mentioned exactly
which PG version you're using?