Re: vacuum output question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacuum output question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dan Armbrust" <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> writes:
> Why did those particular tables and indexes take _so_ long to vacuum?
> Perhaps we have a disk level IO problem on this system?

FWIW, I agree with Scott that you seem to have an overstressed I/O
system.  It's hard to tell why from here.

> Can someone tell me what 'CPU 44.46s/11.82u sec' means?  I have a
> guess, but I'm not sure.

That's the vacuum process's system and user CPU-time consumption as
reported by getrusage(2).  It's evidently only a minor component of the
elapsed runtime, though, so you need to be looking at I/O costs.