Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> For the purpose here a limit of MaxTupleAttributeNumber or such instead of
> FUNC_MAX_ARGS would do the trick, I think?

As long as we have to change the code, we might as well remove the
arbitrary restriction.

> Should this be repalloc0? I don't know if the palloc0 above was just used with
> the goal of initializing the "header" fields, or also to avoid trailing
> uninitialized bytes?

I think probably the palloc0 was mostly about belt-and-suspenders
programming.  But yeah, its only real value is to ensure that all
the header fields are zero, so I don't think we need repalloc0
when enlarging.  After we set the array size at the end of the
loop, it'd be a programming bug to touch any bytes beyond that.

Сообщение: Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'
Сообщение: Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'