Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd expect a catalog table or perhaps changes to pg_class (maybe other
> things also..) to define what gets logged.

How exactly will that work for log messages generated in contexts where
we do not have working catalog access?  (postmaster, crash recovery,
or pretty much anywhere where we're not in a valid transaction.)

This strikes me as much like the periodic suggestions we hear to get
rid of the GUC infrastructure in favor of keeping all those settings
in a table.  It doesn't work because too much of that info is needed
below the level of working table access.