Re: [HACKERS] Case Preservation disregarding case

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Case Preservation disregarding case
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> We have namespaces to differentiate between two sources of object names,
> so anybody who creates a schema where MyColumn is not the same thing as
> myColumn is not following sensible rules for conceptual distance.

I'd agree that that is not a good design practice, but the fact remains
that they *are* different per spec.

> Would be better to make this behaviour a userset
> switchable between the exactly compliant and the more intuitive.

That's certainly not happening --- if you make any changes in the
semantics of equality of type name, it would have to be frozen no
later than initdb time, for exactly the same reasons we freeze
locale then (hint: index ordering).
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: hi i am getting error...can u solve this
Сообщение: Re: hi i am getting error...can u solve this