Re: How to do pg_dump + pg_restore within Perl script?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to do pg_dump + pg_restore within Perl script?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kynn Jones <kynnjo@gmail.com> writes:
> Actually, that was a mistake on my part.  That should have been "-Ft" rather
> than "-Z9 -Fc", since I *don't* want compression (most of the data being
> transmitted consists of highly incompressible blobs anyway).  Regarding SSH,
> my understanding is that to get compression one needs to pass to it the -C
> flag at the time of creating the tunnel.  But my grasp of these details is
> tenuous as best.

Actually, I'd suggest -Fc -Z0, or maybe plain text dump, if your
motivation is to avoid compression.  -Ft has its own issues that
make it a less-than-desirable choice; you shouldn't pick it unless
you really specifically need a tar-compatible dump format.