Re: C++ keywords in headers (was Re: [GENERAL] #include )

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: C++ keywords in headers (was Re: [GENERAL] #include )
Дата
Re: C++ keywords in headers (was Re: [GENERAL] #include )  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> src/tools/pginclude/cpluspluscheck

Ah, I'd forgotten that.

> What's missing is to automate this, but it's unclear in what context,
> and perhaps also to what extend this should be a hard requirement.

After a bit of experimentation, I can say that this is better than
Andrew's hack, but it's still a good distance shy of something that
should be automated or treated as a hard requirement.  The problem with
it is that it doesn't know anything about inclusion-order restrictions;
and to make matters worse, the actual order in which things are included
will vary for different users, because of the unspecified order in which
'find' will find things.

[ lightbulb ] ... although we could improve that quite a bit if we
processed each .h file separately instead of insisting on smashing
everything into one compilation.  Let me go try that.