Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> On 01/20/07 16:52, Michael Nolan wrote:
>> select plr_rated_memid from tnmt_plr where plr_eventid in ('200607163681');

> Is this query created by an application?  I.e, there might be a list
> of PLR_EVENTIDs?

> If so, I understand why it is like it is.  Otherwise, why not make
> it a direct equality?

It wouldn't make any measurable difference, I think.  The parser folds
it to a simple equality as soon as it notices there's only one ...

Сообщение: Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill
Сообщение: Re: More grist for the PostgreSQL vs MySQL mill