Re: [PROPOSAL] extend the object names to the qualified names in pg_stat_statements

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] extend the object names to the qualified names in pg_stat_statements
Дата
Re: [PROPOSAL] extend the object names to the qualified names inpg_stat_statements  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-Nov-28, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This would also entail rather significant overhead to find out schema
>> names and interpolate them into the text.

> True.  I was thinking that the qualified-names version of the query
> would be obtained via ruleutils or some similar mechanism to deparse
> from the parsed query tree (not from the original query text), where
> only pg_catalog is considered visible.  This would be enabled using a
> GUC that defaults to off.

Color me skeptical --- ruleutils has never especially been designed
to be fast, and I can't see that the overhead of this is going to be
acceptable to anybody who needs pg_stat_statements in production.
(Some admittedly rough experiments suggest that we might be
talking about an order-of-magnitude slowdown for simple queries.)