Re: A new function to wait for the backend exit after termination

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A new function to wait for the backend exit after termination
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hou, Zhijie" <houzj.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> writes:
> +    ereport(WARNING,
> +            (errmsg("could not wait for the termination of the backend with PID %d within %ld milliseconds",
> +                    pid, timeout)));

> The code use %ld to print int64 type.
> How about use INT64_FORMAT, which looks more appropriate.

This is a translatable message, so INT64_FORMAT is no good -- we need
something that is the same across platforms.  The current project standard
for this problem is to use "%lld" and explicitly cast the argument to long
long int to match that.