Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Дата
Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> In general, I do prefer that permissions be seperably grantable.  Being
> able to grant 'truncate' permissions would be really nice.  Is the only
> reason such permission doesn't exist due to no one working on it, or is
> there other disagreement about it?

Lack of appetite for having forty nonstandard kinds of privilege,
I suppose ;-)

Given that we now have roles, it's fairly easy to grant "table owner"
to trusted people, so the use-case for special privilege types has
dropped off dramatically IMHO.