Re: Hash Index on Partitioned Table

От peter.borissow@kartographia.com
Тема Re: Hash Index on Partitioned Table
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

    Thanks so much for your quick response. As luck would have it, the index FINALLY finished about an hour ago. For a size comparison:

BTree: 6,433 GB

Although I don't have a proper benchmark to compare performance, I can say the hash is working as good as if not faster than the BTree for my use case (web application).

I guess I was getting a little nervous waiting for the index to complete and seeing such a huge difference in file size but I'm ok now :-)

Thanks again,

Peter