Re: pg_trgm comparison bug on cross-architecture replication due to different char implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_trgm comparison bug on cross-architecture replication due to different char implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
> Given this, should we try to do better with binary compatibility
> checks using ControlFileData?  AFAICS they are supposed to check if
> the database cluster is binary compatible with the running
> architecture.  But it obviously allows incompatibilities.

Perhaps.  pg_control already covers endianness, which I think
is the root of the hashing differences I showed.  Adding a field
for char signedness feels a little weird, since it's not directly
a property of the bits-on-disk, but maybe we should.