Re: pgindent weirdness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent weirdness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 04/20/2011 01:16 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> This implies to me that we changed something about how we handle this
>>> since we did the 9.0 runs, but I don't know what it was.  Should I?

>> I think Andrew also supplied the typedef list for the 9.0 run.

> Yes. But in November, the server where all my animals were running died.
> The rebuilt machines all used newer versions of the OS, new compilers
> and newer tools such as objdump. As I pointed out at the time I
> committed the new typedefs list, that accounts for a lot of the changes.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that newer gcc's
stopped emitting symbol table entries for unreferenced typedefs.

In fact, using HEAD, I get this on my old HPUX box:

(gdb) p sizeof(BulkInsertStateData)
$65 = 8

and this on my Fedora 13 box:

(gdb) p sizeof(BulkInsertStateData)
No symbol "BulkInsertStateData" in current context.

(gcc 2.95.3 and 4.4.5 respectively)  So the tools definitely changed
sometime in the last N years.

Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Сообщение: Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers