Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD

От Gene Sokolov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Malcolm Beattie" <mbeattie@sable.ox.ac.uk>
> Thomas Lockhart writes:
> > Before committing this (or at least before completing our upcoming
> > beta period), I'd like confirmation that this actually matches
> > expected behavior for a machine implementing a "GMT+0800" (or similar)
> > time zone, and that it is indeed a Posix standard? Anyone??
>
> I can confirm that it is a POSIX standard. Section 8.1.1 "Extensions
> to Time Functions" of POSIX 1003.1-1988 says TZ can be of the form
>     :characters
> for implementation-defined behaviour or else
>     std offset [dst [offset][,start[/time],end[/time]]]

It probably won't affect anything, but some implementations (FreeBSD most
notably) have a bug in parsing TZ light savings string. The M notation gives
one day off for switching to/from light savings. Actually, it incorrectly
assumes Sunday as 0 for Zeller Congruence when it's Saturday.

Gene Sokolov.