BUG #16816: Unexpected escaping of html output

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16816: Unexpected escaping of html output
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16816
Logged by:          Jeroen Baten
Email address:      jbaten@i2rs.nl
PostgreSQL version: 12.5
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 20.04

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I can't see to find any place
(web/books/google/irc) that has a solution to my problem.
So, in the end, I turn to the development team.

My problem is: I use psql --html to generate output that I then transform to
pdf using wkhtmltopdf.
psql --html escapes html that I purposely enter into the select statement.
(As I user I would like to be able to generate html in my select statements,
even when using the html format output format)

Example:
Running psql --html

select format('<a
href="https://zammad.thuis.local#ticket/zoom/%s">%s</a>',t.number,t.number)
as TicketID from tickets as t, users as u where t.owner_id=u.id and
date(t.close_at) is null and t.owner_id=u.id order by t.close_at limit 1 ;

    <th align="center">ticketid</th>
href="https://zammad.thuis.local#ticket/zoom/85117">85117</a></td>

Running psql without --html

                             ticketid