Re: Point in time recovery 20020822_01_pitr.patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Point in time recovery 20020822_01_pitr.patch
Дата
Re: Point in time recovery 20020822_01_pitr.patch  ("J. R. Nield" <jrnield@usol.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
"J. R. Nield" <jrnield@usol.com> writes:
>     * CREATE/DROP database are still unlogged. dbcommands.c needs a
> re-write to make that possible, since all the file and directory
> operations will need to be logged, as will the data.

Why don't you log the operations symbolically, viz "create database foo
with template bar"?  I can't see any reason to insist on a finer level
of detail than that.

Just so you know: my feeling is this is already too late for 7.3.