Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ExecutorCheckPerms() hook
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... It makes me wonder if COPY shouldn't have been implemented using
> the Executor instead, but that's, again, a completely separate topic.
> It wasn't, but it wants to play like it operates in the same kind of way
> as INSERT, so it needs to pick up the slack.

FWIW, we've shifted COPY more towards using executor support over the
years.  I'm pretty sure that it didn't originally use the executor's
index-entry-insertion infrastructure, for instance.

Building an RT entry seems like a perfectly sane thing to do in order
to make it use the executor's permissions infrastructure.