Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
>> Yeah, forgot to mention that we need some way to disable it in the tests.
>> Either by not having it included in EXPLAIN or by adding an option to turn
>> it off. Any suggestion on which would be preferable?

> I would be tempted to display it only if (COSTS OFF) is not given.

Yeah.  The alternatives seem to be:

1. Change a lot of regression tests.  This would be a serious PITA,
not so much for the one-time cost as for every time we needed to
back-patch a regression test that includes explain output.  -1.

2. Don't display the planning time by default, necessitating a new
PLANNING_TIME ON option.  This has backwards compatibility to
recommend it, but not much else.

3. Let COSTS OFF suppress it.

Сообщение: Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze
Сообщение: Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze